Sunday, November 11, 2018

a prayer to be hidden

Lord,
my prayer to you today
is not that I would be popular,
not that I would gain fame,
but that I would just be faithful.

I am your servant;
do as much or as little
with me as you wish.
I trust that you know
what is best for me
and for others.

I ask not for comfort and security;
instead, I ask for strength to endure
whatever challenges come my way.

I lay down my desire
to be esteemed;
I bend my knees
and bow down
before you alone—
make me humble.

I pray my words
would be like seeds from your hand;
help me sow in the hope that your work
may take root in good soil,
with no demand of outcome,
just hope and trust
that you will tend the growth patiently
and gather the harvest joyfully.

Whether you place me
in the company
of the world’s great or small
is not my concern;
just make me poor in spirit,
make me a child.
I can do nothing apart from you;
I am nothing apart from you.
I hide myself in you.
Help me be happy to be hidden
that others may see
more of you and
less of me.


……………..


a prayer to be hidden
by troy cady

No comments: