Thursday, July 11, 2019

when weak and afraid


“Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.”  -Psalm 100:3

Did you really make me
and do you really love me, Lord?
Am I really yours?
Sometimes it’s hard to hear you.
Sometimes I cannot see you.
Sometimes I feel lost,
surrounded by wolves,
afraid and helpless.

Have you led me here
or have I just wandered here
on my own?
I don’t know which way to turn.
The only place I want to be
is wherever you are.

Good shepherd, loving God,
I am yours.
Guard my heart.
Give me hope.
Let me hear your voice.
Lead me on your path.
Lend me your bravery.
Drive fear from me
by your strong and gentle love.
I am nothing without you.

I’m not perfect; give me grace.
Your words are kind,
your heart is tender,
and your strength is great.
But I am weak.
I hate myself,
am hard on myself.
Good shepherd, loving God,
only you can save me.
Strengthen me
by kindness,
with tenderness.
Do not leave me abandoned.
Show me your goodness.

Amen.

…………………………

when weak and afraid
a prayer by troy cady
.
.
.
.


No comments: