Wednesday, August 31, 2022

the deepest love from the weakest soul

Lord,
you have asked me just to love you
with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.
But, the one thing you have asked
is the very thing I cannot do.
My heart is heavy.
My soul is disintegrating.
My mind is clouded
and my strength is gone.
Lift from me this burden of sadness.
Put me back together.
Give me a clear vision of you in my mind’s eye
and grant me the grace of rest.
I’m tired and weak.
But I believe that
you are patient and kind,
loving and gentle,
full of compassion and mercy.
Before I can love you,
I need you to love me.
You know this, Lord.
You know me well,
your helpless child.
So, until I can recover myself,
please accept this child’s belief in your love
as the deepest love from the weakest soul.
Amen.

…………………..

the deepest love from the weakest soul
a prayer by troy cady

No comments: