Friday, February 8, 2008

my superlatives

I joined the cyber-social-networking community called Facebook a little under a year ago. One of the things that attracted me to Facebook from the start was the fact that I can do as little or as much with it as I want.

For example, Facebook offers applications that help you personalize your own profile to suit, but these applications are completely optional.

One application is something called "Superlatives". I like this application because it allows me to let my friends know that I think they're just great and they deserve to know about it. Also, it's always encouraging when someone nominates me for a Superlative, noting that they think I'm "Most Likely To Be The Most Creative" or "Most Likely To Make Someone Laugh".

That brings me to why I'm writing this. Turns out, my long time friend Warren Batt respects me a great deal. For starters he nominated me for the Superlative "Most Likely To Kick It With Jesus Some Day". That made me smile, until I read a second Superlative he had given me: "Most Likely to Fart in Church During the Sermon."

And that, made me laugh. Presumably, he meant, um, while I was giving the sermon.

No comments: