Friday, January 8, 2010

if i should die this year



If I should die this year, I hope that it can be said of me...

"...he prayed."

"...he got better at loving people the older he got."

"...he was a good father to his children and a good husband to his wife."

"...he was always talking about grace and trying to live in it."

"...he always tried to do right by people."

"...his life was sure changed by God."

None of us are guaranteed another year of life. This is not a prediction that 2010 will hold my passing, but should the Lord take me Home to be with him, this is how I would want to be remembered. It is a reminder to me of what really matters. It is a good reminder, since life tends to get cluttered with all kinds of other incidental, unimportant things. It is a reminder that, often, our greatest accomplishments in life are things we often discount as unimportant. God, people and grace: these are the things that really matter.

No comments: