Wednesday, February 10, 2010

introducing our elder board



I realized that I haven't properly introduced you to Oasis Madrid's official elder board yet.

Pictured top left is Christine. As you can see, she knows how to laugh. Also, the other day she brought over some chocolate chip cookie dough and she forced me to have 1.5 freshly baked cookies. I forgive you, Christine.

Next to Christine is Warren. Recently, he created a Facebook profile for his one-eyed dog.

Bottom left is Phil on his magirium mysterium machine. He time-travels.

Next to him is Jay, the oldest of the lot. He's wearing a number because, yes, he ran in the Madrid, yes, MARATHON. He also enjoys falling asleep in my staff meetings. Can't say I blame him--I do, too.

Finally, bottom right is Amy. She dances and likes to pretend that boulders are bucking broncos. We're having her head examined.

Summing them all up, I think it's clear: they all love Jesus like mad and I can't think of a better group of people to entrust the future of Oasis Madrid to. I have been so impressed with how they have taken on the incredible responsibility of navigating Oasis through this transition time. They have all sacrificed so much and have demonstrated huge servant-hearts.

If you happen to know them, say a prayer for them and drop them a word of encouragement. If you don't know them, say a prayer for them but don't drop them a word of encouragement because that would just be too weird.

No comments: