Tuesday, November 9, 2010

keep flying

Today will be warm, short-sleeve warm. I have pulled back the drapes and lifted the shades. The sky is open and the sun is making a nice breakfast.

The geese are still flying south. They may be tempted to stop here but they know this warmth is but a pocket in space and time. Soon it will close and the days will grow colder and darker. They may enjoy the brief respite but they know they still have a long way to go before they will reach their final rest.

I thank God for the days of respite, times of refreshing for my soul. But, like the birds, I am on a journey and I must set my sights beyond places of only temporary warmth. For now, I fly, I fly. I am not home yet. There is a better place. Speed the wing on the air and grant longing sufficient to endure.

And when the time comes, move me out again.

No comments: