Sunday, October 15, 2017

the One Who is Smeared

The One Who is Smeared
a prayer by Troy Cady

.....................

Lord Jesus, I bless You;
I proclaim you as Christ, the Anointed One,
the blessed One, the chosen King.
I bless You because the tears that cover my face
run down to touch Your feet
and You welcome them.

I cry at Your feet
because You carry in Your very self
the oil of gladness
and I have nowhere else to turn.
I have smeared You with my tears
because You, Christ, are smeared with healing oil.
You wash away the salt of my sorrow
and cover me with the fragrant perfume of Your joy.

I bless You, Lord,
and I call You Christ,
the Anointed One.

I give you my life as an expression of my gratitude
for all that You are and all that You have done.

Now loosen my tongue by the power of Your Spirit.
Loosen my tongue to tell others about You,
Jesus, the Christ, the One covered in love,
the One whose whole Being is smeared
thick with gladness, Blessing without end.
And cover my hands in Your healing oil,
to Bless, to restore the beauty of a sin-smeared world
by the generous anointing of Your grace.

I pray this in the Name of the Jesus,
the Christ, the Blessed One.
Amen.


No comments: