Friday, March 22, 2019

dear Jesus

Dear Jesus,
thank you
for always having time
to just be with me
when I just need
to be with you.

Sometimes I just feel like
I need to be a child,
to turn to you
when I don’t know what to do,
when I can’t make sense of life.

When I’ve been hurt,
I need to be with someone
who is always safe,
someone like you
who knows just what to do
and what to say
and what not to say,
someone who
always only loves
and sees me
and loves me,
come what may.

There is no greater security
than to know
I can just lay my head
on you to hear
your steady, ever-living,
always enlivening heartbeat.

Thank you for chasing after me.
I’ve been scared and alone.
Thank you for finding me here.
Thank you for seeing in me
what I can’t see in myself.
You know I was afraid
you’d scold me,
but instead you hold me.
Thank you for
your life-changing love.
I love you,
my dear, dear Jesus.


……………………..

Dear Jesus
by troy cady


No comments: