Tuesday, October 20, 2020

tuesday prayer



Lord, let my words today be words of healing and hope.
Before a word is on my tongue, still my heart and mind.
Open my ears; help me listen.
Deliver me from pride,
the demand to be understood
that too often prevails
over the desire to understand.
Lady Wisdom, deliver me from myself.
.
Eternal God, I know not what tomorrow may bring,
so give me just enough light for today.
Humble King, help me loosen my grip on all my ambitions
except the ambition to love you and others
as you have loved me.
.
Loving Father, you have always provided all that is needed,
so help me to give generously to others,
to share freely and gladly, knowing your grace never runs out.
.
Jesus, be my Friend,
and help me be a good friend to others,
knowing you long to befriend all.
.
…………………..
tuesday prayer
by troy cady
.
.
.
*Photo by Priscilla du Preez via Unsplash. Creative Commons License.

No comments: