Monday, February 23, 2009

12 years ago today

Our daughter Meaghan was born 12 years ago today! Time slips by so quickly.

I still remember the day she was born, the sense of speechless wonder that overcame me as I held her just seconds after her birth. I still remember carrying her over to her mother after the medical staff cleaned her up a bit and then carrying her down the hall to the nursery. This was one time in my life when I had few words to utter and I remember little what anyone even said to me because I was so rapt with the precious gift God granted us in little Meggie Joy.

Here is her first "official" photo.



Three days after she was born, we took her home from the hospital. Here are some pictures from that day. Click on the image to see it in a larger format.



Today I'm happy to report that Meg is alive and well. Believe me when I say we do not take this for granted. I am grateful to God for the privilege of being her Daddy and am looking forward to helping her study for two tests tomorrow (one in Ancient History and the other in Math!). We praise God for our dear, wonderful daughter who brings so much joy into our lives.

Here's a picture of her that we took on Friday, when we celebrated her birthday ahead of schedule.

No comments: