Wednesday, September 2, 2009

God answers prayer

The night before his first day of school, Nicolas was nervous. He told me he wasn't sure he was going to be able to keep up since he knew the work this year would be "much harder". So, he prayed. He asked God to help him not be nervous or afraid.

I picked him up at the end of his first day and he was beaming. He wanted to tell me all about his day. As we came out of the metro he said, "Hey, Dad: remember how I prayed last night that God would help me not to be nervous or afraid about school?"

"Yeah..."

"Well...I wasn't nervous or afraid today, so I think God answered my prayer. What do you think?"

"I think you're right. God did answer your prayer. Isn't that neat?"

"Yeah. So, when I got in Mr. Albright's car after school today, I just said, 'Thank you, God!' I was so happy."

"That's good, son. That's good."

No comments: