Wednesday, August 3, 2011

the blessing of long-time friends

Tonight we had the privilege of having dinner with a dear friend from our days in Madrid. Christine came to Madrid intending to stay only a short while but God had different plans in store for her. We had the privilege of baptizing her in the summer of 2008 and for almost the last two years she has served as an elder for Oasis, the last church we planted in Europe.

This past year has been, at times, disorienting for me. I am still trying to find my legs (I know, I know, that story is getting old, isn’t it?). A big part of transition for me has to do with finding my “fit”, my role. I am no longer a pastor, I am a former missionary, I have no formal role as a teacher anymore—at least in a week-in, week-out kind of way.

There is something encouraging in sitting down with someone who knows me in all of those roles. It did my heart good to have a relational reminder tonight of the gifts God has given me. Thank you, God, for the blessing of well-known friends.

No comments: