Saturday, June 29, 2013

choosing cologne

For Father’s Day I received a sampler of colognes from Avon. Eight fragrances in all. The idea is: try all eight, then send in a voucher to receive a full size bottle of the one you like best. Great concept.

The last one I tried was “Derek Jeter Something Or Other”.  I can’t remember the last half of the name, but I do remember thinking this one would probably be good, since Derek Jeter is a great baseball player and baseball players tend to be good at chemistry—what with their regular wearing of lab coats and whatnot.  

Anyhoo, I tried it out and wasn’t impressed.

Which prompted me to revert back to cologne number five as my full-size selection: Black Suede.

Just to make sure, I had Heather take a whiff of me.

Coming close to her, I said, “Smell me.”

This did not creep her out. Ahem.

“What do you think?” I asked.

“Meh,” she said.

Just the response I was hoping for.

I said, “Yeah. Me, too. I think I’ll go with the Black Suede fragrance, then. It smells more…virile.”

She said, “Well, then, they may as well call it ‘Troy’ cuz you’re pretty much the epitome of virile.”

“Are you being sarcastic?” I thought.


No comments: