Friday, June 14, 2013

rest a while

“Rest a while.”

I can’t.

“Why?”

I don’t know. I just can’t. I have too much to do.

“Too much what?”

Everything. Work.

“You’ve never been frazzled this much about work before. What’s this about really?”

Well, really…this is about forcing things. I was…decisive. Too decisive.

“What do you mean?”

You already know what that means.

“Tell me anyway. I want to see if you know what it means: too decisive.”

I’m a…leader, see.  People look to me for answers.

“Do they?”

Well, I think they do.

“Go on.”

People look to me for answers. ‘What should we do now?’

“Okay.”

And I know what to do.

“You do?”

Yes. I can see it. I can even see answers for which no questions are being asked. But I believe the question should be asked so I give the answers ahead of time.

“Is that a problem?”

I don’t think it is at the time. And I suppose that is the problem.

“So, just rest. You need to rest. Stop. Sabbath is a verb—a beautiful verb that trumps all other verbs. I know, because I am the Word and I never speak without the bookends of silence. Learn from me. Stop. I’m able to give answers in good time.”

Yes, but--

"Shhh...It's okay. It's going to be okay. Shhh..."



No comments: