Sunday, December 10, 2017

the King bearing gifts, a prayer

The King Bearing Gifts
a prayer by Troy Cady
after Isaiah 40:1-11

………………………

Son of David, our King:

We wither like grass in times of drought
but you tend us like a good shepherd.
We fall like flowers when winter approaches
but you gather us as little lambs in your arms
and carry us close to your heart,
preserving our helpless lives.

I offer you my life in gratitude—
because of all that you are
and all that you have done.
I offer you my life in faith,
believing that you are able to continue caring for me.
And I pray in faith that
you would use me by the power of your Holy Spirit

to speak your words of comfort to the lonely,
to be your hands of comfort to the hurting,
and to proclaim to all the good news of your coming.
Help me muster every bit of strength I have
to say with my mouth and
to manifest by my life:
“Get ready! God’s near!
He comes bearing gifts.
He brings forgiveness and grace!
He brings life itself!”

So be it, Lord.
Amen.   


No comments: