Sunday, December 17, 2017

untitled prayer

untitled prayer
by troy cady
after Isaiah 61:1-3 & Luke 1:46-55


Anointed One,

You are good news to the poor,
               you make whole the brokenhearted,
               you lead the exiled home
               and liberate the prisoners;
you comfort those who mourn,
               you lift us from the dust
               to adorn us with beauty;
               you immerse us in joy
               and clothe us in praise.

I praise you;
               I worship you;
               I place all my faith in you.

Now move me to show mercy
               as you have shown mercy,
move my hands to fill
               the hungry with good things.
Keep working in me
               until unwavering humility
               becomes my strength;
help me be the lowest servant
               for you, Lord Jesus,
               are the highest love.

In Christ’s Name I pray,
Amen.





No comments: