Monday, September 10, 2018

what Grace says

Is there anything more refreshing to a weary heart, more enlivening to the tired soul, than the simple experience of no-questions-asked grace?

Grace is that person who says to you: “I am not going to ask you what you’ve done or what you are going to do. I just want to be with you, to enjoy you. You don’t have to say anything. You don’t have to be anything other than who you really are. I love you, no-questions-asked.

“When I think of you, I only think well of you. I have no agenda. I’m not here to get something out of you. I’m not here to convince you to think a certain way. I just want to offer you friendship, to be glad together or to share your sorrow, whatever will help you best. I’m here to listen if you need to talk; I’m here to keep silence, if you have no words.

“I’ll keep hoping when you feel hopeless. I’ll see you when you feel overlooked and give you solitude when you feel scrutinized.

“You don’t have to measure up when you are with me. I know you’re imperfect—and that’s okay because God’s unrelenting love is able to be your perfection.

“I see you crying inside. I can see you are hurting and in need of a breather. Let me be your breath. Just let me breathe new life into you. I’m here. Grace is here. It’s going to be okay.”

No comments: