Wednesday, December 2, 2020

the life you have given me


Should this be the last day I draw breath,
let it be a day my heart grows a little bigger.

Let this day be a day of simple prayer,
of asking the Helper to come
when I feel helpless to help others.
Let me trust a little more
and worry a little less.

Let this day be a day of simple love,
of reaching out with a kind word,
a hidden act of humble service,
a listening ear, a welcoming spirit.

Let this day find me singing,
shining a little light,
chasing away despair not by force
but with a gentle, friendly, and steadfast warmth.

Should today be the last day of my life,
give me just enough strength, brother Jesus,
and just enough time to tell your story,
to share your grace, to know
the life you have given me
is more than enough.

…………………………..

the life you have given me
by troy cady
.
.
*Photo by Anne Nygård via Unsplash. Creative Commons License.

No comments: