Friday, May 2, 2008

today i slept in

Just checking in to say hi. I've been traveling a lot lately, which makes me miss my family a lot. I'm heading out again on Monday for most of the week and may be gone again (without the family) sometime in May or June. The good part is that we'll be taking our kids with us when we have our Leader's Community retreat at the end of May.

Because of this, I'm happy to report that yesterday and today are family days. Yesterday we played Wii and watched movies and played and laughed and tickled.

And this morning I slept in. Yes, you heard that right: I. Slept. In. Till ten o'clock, no less. It appears I'm becoming downright irresponsible in my old age.

It was bliss. It's nice having kids that can take care of themselves in the morning. And it's nice not having to take care of a dog that has to go out by 8. Lexi, the beast I have a love-hate relationship with, does have one good feature: she'll stay in her box until 10 and she doesn't need to go out till 11, even.

The sun is shining now so I expect I'll take the kids outside later on to play some baseball or throw the frisbee.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments: